Ditch the broom and skip the mop with automated Roborocks that will help clean your home without you having to lift a finger. But first, you have to determine which Roborock is best for your home. These best Roborocks will whip your home into shape.
How to choose the right Roborock?
Starting with home size and whether do you need mopping or not. Another question is what kind of navigation/mapping is on point.
The Roborock S4 Max and Q5 do not have mopping attachments and are suitable for homes covered with carpets mostly or if mopping is not a concern.
Speaking of navigation and mapping, the E series lacks lots of smart features the S lineup has. It is also not able to work efficiently in the dark and is not suitable for cluttered homes as it would take forever to finish cleaning.
As to home size, all models have the same large battery that is enough to cover a 200 sq m (2152 sqft) area. However, for big houses, I would recommend getting a robot with Lidar as those are less tend to get lost in bigger areas. So the E4 and E5 models are better for small homes. The S series can be used in all homes.
If you have to deal with lots of debris or have a pet, consider getting a model with a self-emptying station, like the Roborock S7+, S7 MaxV Plus or Ultra, or the Q series.
What do Roborock robots have in common?
- Most of them except for the Roborock S4 Max and Q5 come with mopping attachments and can mop and vacuum at the same time.
- The same goes for carpet identification. The Roborock boosts suction once it happens to clean a carpeted surface (except for the Roborock S4/S4 Max). This option makes battery life more efficient as you don’t need to run the robot on max mode. Most of the models can run up to 200 minutes which is enough for most homes.
- Another thing is the HEPA filter. It is safe for those who suffer from allergies or asthma. The filter can be washed with water but we do not recommend doing so too often. Wiping out the dust or vacuuming it with your regular cleaner would be enough.
- Each Roborock can climb an obstacle up to 20 mm tall which means they can be used on medium-pile carpets.
- You can also watch your Roborock cleaning in real-time (except for the E series). This makes you understand where the robot has already been cleaned.
- All cleaners resume a cleaning cycle after powering up. Some of them calculate how much power they need to finish cleaning, others recharge up to 80% and then resume. With this option and long battery life, the Roborock cleaners can be used in big houses.
What is the best Roborock?
With a versatile approach to cleaning and strong suction power, the Roborock Q7 Max+ is the best Roborock you can buy.
To see how it stacks up, here is an overview of our picks for the best Roborocks.
|Best Roborock robot vacuum||Cost||Suction power (Pa)||Surfaces|
|Roborock Q7 Max+||$870||4200Pa||Hard floors, carpet, wood, tile|
|Roborock S6 MaxV Robot Vacuum||$360||2500Pa||Hard floors|
|Roborock S7||$650||2500Pa||Hard floors|
|Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra||$1,400||5100Pa||Hard floors, carpet, wood, tile|
Which Roborock is right for you?
While any of these Roborocks make great cleaning devices, it ultimately comes down to your home’s floors, what kind of messes you deal with on a daily basis, how powerful you need it to suction dust and debris, and what price you’re willing to spend.
|Choose this Roborock robot vacuum…||If you want…|
|Roborock Q7 Max+||The best overall option.|
|Roborock E4||To spend under $200 on a Roborock|
|Roborock S6 MaxV Robot Vacuum||Your Roborock to navigate around furniture|
|Roborock S7||The best bang for your buck|
|Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra||A cleaning station to come included with your Roborock|
How did we choose these Roborocks?
To find the best Roborocks, we consider several factors, including these.
- Technology: Roborocks uses a variety of exclusive technologies that allow for effective vacuuming and mopping.
- Room size: Each Roborock has a maximum room size that it can accommodate, so we look for units that work with a variety of different room sizes.
- Flooring: Just like room size, we also taking into consideration what flooring each Roborock can clean, whether it is hardwood floors or carpet.
- Price: Budget is important when spending a few hundred dollars, so we consider the price of each Roborock to ensure there is something for everyone.
What is a Roborock?
Roborock is a company that makes robotic cleaning mechanisms for your home or office. It incorporates both a vacuum and mop for a well-rounded cleaning aid that can map out your home, avoid objects, and automatically adjust itself between flooring settings.
What surfaces does a Roborock worth with?
Roborock works with a variety of surfaces, including hardwood, carpet, and tile flooring. However, each Roborock works with different types of flooring, so be sure to review the specs before committing to a model.
What’s even more useful than a robot vacuum and mop that cleans itself? How about one that senses carpets, too. That’s exactly what the new Roborock S7 MaxV Ultra does. Announced at CES 2022, this $1,400 product represents the current pinnacle of automated floor care — at least on paper.
At its core is the S7 MaxV robotic vacuum cleaner, which navigates through rooms while removing solid dust and debris. The machine’s mopping pad, however, is what makes it unique. When the S7 detects carpets it automatically raises the pad out of the way. This means it won’t mop in areas it shouldn’t.
Roborock G10 with self-draining base, 2500 Pa suction power and multi-level mapping
Robot hoover – 2500 Pa suction power – Dust/water tank – Self emptying base – Multi way mapping – Up to 20 minutes
The new Roborock G10 is a high-powered robot hoover with a built-in self-emptying and mopping base. As for the hoover itself, this model is precise like few others with an LDS navigation system, which has an ultrasonic sensor to map and clean the house.
2500 Pa suction power
In addition, the Roborock G10 is a model that will clean anything, no matter how dirty it is. Because this model has a suction power of 2500 Pa and, when it comes to mopping, it also has a mopping vibration of 3000 times per minute.
Dust and water tank
This new Roborock hoover also allows you to use it for sweeping, vacuuming and mopping. It has a 470 ml dust tank and a 200 ml water tank. You’ll be able to clean a medium sized house without emptying these, but if you need to, there’s its self-emptying base.
Mapping in different ways
But if there is one aspect that makes it far superior to other models of the brand is its mapping capability. Because this robot hoover allows you to map the house in 2D/3D and with matrix, also having 4 levels of mapping. Other features to highlight are that you can set up virtual walls, non-cleaning zones and that it will map your house quickly.
Up to 20 minutes of cleaning time
It has a 5200 mAh battery that gives you a usage time of 20 minutes at full power. If you don’t use it intensively, it can last up to 50 minutes.
Self-draining water and charging base
Finally, another aspect that makes it very interesting is that it has a self-emptying base that, on the one hand, will allow you to charge the hoover’s battery if it has not finished cleaning and has to return; and on the other hand, it has tanks for self-emptying liquids. In fact, it has a 2.5 litre tank for dirty water and a 2.9 litre tank for clean water.