Xiaomi has unveiled a new giant TV today, eclipsing the 98-inch model that it already sells. The Redmi MAX 100″ is more than a large screen novelty though; it also has HDMI 2.1 support, a 120 Hz refresh rate and 700 nits of peak brightness, among other features.
Xiaomi has enjoyed immense success in the UAE Smart TV market since its first Mi TV launch in 2018. The Chinese brand alone managed to democratize the ‘Smart TV’ category within three years. Being someone who has tested most of the Mi TVs and their rivals, I can vouch that the Xiaomi TVs offer a blend of features and performance at very aggressive prices, something that was missing from the Indian market since a long time.
Xiaomi has showcased the Redmi MAX 100″, a smart TV that it started teasing yesterday. As its name suggests, the Redmi MAX 100″ has a 100-inch panel, 2-inches larger than the largest TV that Xiaomi sold until now. For reference, Xiaomi also sells an 86-inch TV under its Redmi MAX series.
According to Xiaomi, it equips the Redmi MAX 100″ with an IPS panel that resolves natively at 3,840 x 2,160 pixels (4K). Additionally, the Redmi MAX 100″ has a 120 Hz refresh rate, for which Xiaomi has included a HDMI 2.1 port. Based on Xiaomi’s marketing material, the Redmi MAX 100″ has three HDMI ports, but only one is HDMI 2.1 and VRR compliant. Xiaomi complements these ports with two USB 2.0 Type-A connections, 30 W speakers, Wi-Fi 6 connectivity and 4 GB of RAM mated to 64 GB of storage.
Redmi Max 98-Inch Smart TV 4K HDR Resolution 4GB+64GB Built-in Xiao Ai Support PatchWall Software
4K HDR Ultra HD Picture Quality
Equipped with 192 local dimming zones, the Redmi Max 98″ can provide you with a wide range of colors resulting to enhanced, vivid and improved images.
The Redmi Max 98″ TV is equipped with a ninth-generation image engine which is packed with 20 image-enhancing technologies including motion interpolation.
Dolby Atmos and DTS (Digital Theater Systems) decoding
Get a surround-sound cinematic audiovisual experience with Redmi Max 98″ TV’s set of 4 speakers armed with large cavities.
Great Power, Great Graphics
Get a high-quality experience with clear vivid images and no lags thanks to the Amlogic T972 chipset (4x Cortex-A55, Mali-G31MP2) TV processor, connected to 4GB of RAM and 64GB (eMMC) of storage.
Easily cast the screen of your devices onto the Redmi Max 98″ TV as an external display, perfect for your business meetings or family gatherings.
Connect to your network with an ethernet cable
Receive external audiovisual signals
Connect to cable television
USB x 2
Connect USB flash drives and other devices
Connect external speakers
HDMI x 3
Connect game consoles, laptops or computers
New 192 Dimming Zone
3840*2160 4K UHD (60Hz refresh rate)
New MEMC effects
Amlogic T972 64 bit Quad Core Process (TV)
4GB RAM / 64GB ROM
HDMI x 3 / USB x 2
Common Interface (CI+)
Xiaomi Redmi MAX 86″ 4K HDR Ultra HD TV
Xiaomi TV Max 86 Inch Ultra-HD 4K Smart TV Android 11 with 120Hz Refresh Rate with 178 Degrees Angle 3D Sount Effects Dolby Atmos Supports Google Chromecast Built-in
- Xiaomi TV Max 86″ features ultra-large 86″ and full-screen display, ultra-high screen-to-body ratio, wide viewing area and 4K ultra HD resolution, bringing you a cinematic experience at home.
- 120Hz ultra-high refresh rate coupled with 4K 120Hz MEMC (Motion Estimation and Motion Compensation) technology enables millisecond-level frame interpolation, delivering stutter-free images of high-speed scenes. Your viewing experience is greatly improved whether you watch a sporting event, an action film or play a competitive video game.
- The Full-Array Local dimming backlighting system has multiple zones, which allows the large display to have better control over light and shade, rendering images with more layers.
- With the new HDMI 2.1 port, you can connect your TV to the game consoles for a 4K 120Hz ultra-high quality transmission of images. Featured by low latency and high-speed response, the TV brings additional fun to the family.
- Dolby Vision HDR transforms your TV experience with an ultra vivid picture that brings entertainment to life, and with Dolby Vision IQ, it leverages the full intelligence of your TV to deliver a perfect picture in your room at every moment.
- Resolution: 3840×2160
- Refresh rate: 120Hz
- Viewing angle: 178°
- Wide color gamut: DCI-P3 92%
Processor and storage:
- CPU: Cortex A73 quad-core
- Memory: 2GB
- GPU: Mali-G52 MC1
- Flash memory: 32GB
- WiFi: Dual frequency 2.4GHz/5GHz
- Infrared: support
- Bluetooth: Support Bluetooth 5.0
Interface and quantity:
- Voice input: support
- Gesture control: not supported
- Remote control type: Bluetooth remote control
- Voice control: support
Audio and video playback performance:
- Built-in player: Built-in Mi-Player player, supports mainstream formats such as RM, FLV, MOV, AVI, MKV, TS, MP4, etc.
- Video decoding: Support Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, H.265, H.264, Real, MPEG1/2/4, etc.
- Audio decoding: AI AQ, Dolby digital plus, Dolby Atmos, DTS -HD and other audio decoding methods
Left and right channels (4 sounding units + 2 air ducts), Speaker input power: left and right channels 2×12.5W
Power and operating environment:
- Voltage: 220V ~ 50/60Hz
- Storage temperature: -15℃～45℃
- Standby: ≤0.5W
- Humidity: 20%～80%
- Working temperature: 0℃～40℃
- Relative humidity: <80%
- Power: 450W
- Dimensions with base (width*height*thickness: 1924*1180.9*441.4mm
- Single screen size (width*height*thickness: 1924*1102.2*91.4mm
- Weight with stand: 43.6kg
- Outer packing size (width*height*thickness) mm: 2060*1260*200mm
- Single screen weight: 42.8kg
- Weight with outer packaging: 55.3kg
- Installation hole distance: 600*400
- Frame material: metal
- TV host*1
- AAA battery*2
- Base component*2
- Bluetooth voice remote control*1
- Screw pack*1
XIAOMI MI QLED TV 75 REVIEW: A FANTASTIC LARGE SCREEN TV EXPERIENCE
There was once a time when a 55-inch TV was considered too big for the living room. Today, people are looking for TVs larger than 55-inches for an immersive cinematic experience. The 65 and 75-inch TV space is dominated by premium brands like Sony, LG and more while other brands like Thomson, Kodak, TCL and more offering some of their budget TVs in large screen sizes.
Today we have with us the Mi QLED TV 75. As the name suggests, it’s a 75-inch TV and packs all the features we saw on the Mi QLED TV 4K (review), the 55-inch variant. It also packs in some additional features like Full-Array backlighting with local dimming. Put simply, if you have a budget of about 1.2L for a TV and are looking for a 75-inch TV, then the Mi QLED TV 75 can definitely be on your list. But there are some things you should know about the TV and we will talk about those in this review.
XIAOMI MI QLED TV 75 SPECIFICATIONS AT A GLANCE
Panel Size: 75-inch
Panel Type: VA/IPS LED display with quantum dot layer (QLED)
Panel Resolution: 3840 x 2160 – 4K
Panel Refresh Rate: 60Hz Native at 4K, 120Hz with MEMC
HDR 10 support: Yes
HDR 10+ support: Yes
Dolby Vision Support: Yes
Weight (with stand): 33.3 kgs
HDMI Ports: 3
USB Ports: 2
Built-in storage: 32GB
Xiaomi TV P1E 65 inches 4K UHD TV MEMC Smart-Home Control Hub With Built-In Google Assistant
- 4K UHD MEMC SMART-HOME CONTROL HUB GOOGLE ASSISTANT BUILT-IN
- Brand: Xiaomi
- Premium finish
- Comes with secure and proper packaging
- Package Dimensions : 160 x 96 x 17.5 cm; 23.5 Kilograms
- Date First Available : 7 July 2022
- Manufacturer : Xiaomi
4K UHD MEMC SMART-HOME CONTROL HUB GOOGLE ASSISTANT BUILT-IN Display
Display Type 4K UHD Resolution
3,840 x 2,160
Color gamut DCI-P3 78% (typ)
Color depth 1.07 billion (8-Bit + FRC)
Refresh rate 60Hz MEMC UHD 60Hz
Viewing angle 178¬∞(H)/178¬∞(V)
Supports HDR10, HLG
Speaker Speaker (Sound Output) 10 W + 10 W
Supports Dolby Audio and DTS-HD
Processor and Storage CPU Quad A55, up to 1.5GHz GPU Mali 470 MP3 RAM 2GB Storage 8GB.